This Cookies Policy applies to all users of the metalglass.ro website. The information below is intended to inform users of this web site about the placement, use and management of cookies by Metal Glass SRL in the context of user browsing on this website.
2. What are cookies?
Cookies are a small amount of data that is transmitted between a sender and a recipient. A cookie is created and interpreted by the sender, while the recipient just keeps it and sends it back if the sender asks for it.
When browsing the internet, the sender is the server that hosts a website and the recipient is the browser of the user who visits that site. Their purpose is to identify the user, verify their past activity on that site, and provide specific content based on these data.
When a user visits a site for the first time, the server stores a certain cookie in its browser (browser). For all successive visits to this first visit, the server will ask for the cookie to read and load a particular web site configuration that is most appropriate for that user. You can see cookies as a label that servers apply to each user, then read them to identify users.
This identification is especially useful on websites where real-time user data is critical. For example, when you use an online store, you can not buy anything without cookies. Stores can not identify you and give you a shopping cart without them because every time you upload a new page, the store would look like a new user and create a new basket.
As such, cookies are widely used on the internet because they allow websites to be more powerful, providing dynamic and useful content for each user. In some cases, websites can not work without using cookies. They also allow websites to collect data about their users and the pages they visit. Like any other technology, they can also be used for less ethical purposes. That’s why it’s a good idea for everyone browsing the internet to know how it works and how it can be used.
For more information: allaboutcookies.org
3. For what purposes are cookies used through this website:
Our cookies do not retain personal data such as your name or bank details. These only let us find out information after you’ve logged in or help link your browsing information to your personal information when you choose to sign up for a service or receive a newsletter.
For this, we use persistent cookies in some situations. We take care of your personal data – we always monitor and improve the way we can protect them.
– Improve the use of this webpage, including by identifying any errors that occur while it is being visited / used by users;
– Providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used by Metal Glass SRL as the owner of this website;
Based on cookie feedback about how this website is used, Metal Glass SRL can take action to make this website more efficient and accessible to users. Thus, using cookies allows you to save certain settings / preferences set by users of this website, such as:
– the language in which a web page is viewed
– posting comments on the site;
4. What is the lifetime of cookies?
Cookie life may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that determine their life span:
• Session cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes his browser.
• Persistent or fixed cookies – A “persistent cookie” or “fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a specific expiration date (which may be in a few minutes, days, or several years in the future); or until it is cleared by the user at any time through browser settings.
5. What cookies are used through this website:
pll_language: Our site is translated into several languages and uses the pll_language cookie to record the last language you choose.
Some forms, links on the website may redirect you to other websites that we do not respond to. Cookies used by other websites will not appear in the above list.
6. What type of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows for browser recognition. This website recognizes the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
7. Customize browser settings for cookies
If the computer or technical equipment used to browse this web page is used by several people, the setting for deleting individual browsing data can be considered whenever the browser is closed.
8. How can cookies be stopped?
1. Click the menu button (three horizontal points) located at the top right of your browser window and select “Settings” then “Show advanced settings”.
2. Locate the “Data Protection” heading and select “Content Settings”
3. Now select “Allow local data setting”
Safari on OX X
1. Click “Safari” at the top of the browser window and select “Preferences”
2. Click on “Data Protection”
3. Select “Allow from websites I visit”
1. Click the menu button (three horizontal bars) at the top right of your browser window and select “Options”
2. Then select the “Data Protection” icon
3. Click “Cookies,” and then select “Allow sites to set cookies”
1. Click the “Settings” icon (which looks like a toothed wheel) at the top right of the browser window and select “Internet Options”, then click the “Data Protection”
2. Ensure that the Data Protection level is set to Medium or lower, which will allow the cookies in your browser.
3. Setting the protection above the Environment will disable the cookies.
For any additional questions about how cookies are being used through this website, feel free to contact us.